Worship every Sunday at 11am
10am in July & August
Established in 1822
Established in 1822, The First Presbyterian Church at 124 Henry St. was constructed in 1846 and was designed by William B. Olmstead. The church’s memorial doorway, added in 1921, was designed by James Gamble Rogers. The church features a 90-foot crenellated tower with pointed arch windows. Many of the stained glass windows are by the Louis Comfort Tiffany Studios.
First Presbyterian Church was established in Brooklyn in 1822 and has been in continuous existence since that date. The original building was on the site of what is now the Plymouth Church of the Pilgrims. First Presbyterian sold that site to Plymouth Church in the 1840s.
The church – which is part of the Brooklyn Heights Historic District, created by the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission on November 23, 1965 – has been described as “solid, stolid and dour.”
Read more about the history of our church and its pastors here. First Church Since 1822